Cooking and Preparation Instructions
We sell a lot of products that require you to cook or prepare them so here are some instructions on how to make a selection of our products.
Acorns Bakery Bread Bags (White & Wholemeal)
- Place dry ingredients in a bowl with fat (included) and 430ml of water and mix
- Cover and rest for 30-40 mins
- Knock back the risen dough and mould to required shape
- Prove in a warm place until the loaves double in size
- Bake at 220c for 30-40 mins depending on size of loaf.
You can add cheese, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes or anything for extra flavour.
- Use 28g of mix to 568ml of Milk.
- Mix together with a small amount of the milk.
- Heat the remaining milk and blend together.
- Stir and bring to the boil until thickened.
1Kg of gravy mix requires 10 litres of water (100g – 1 litre)
- Mix the required amount of Gravy Mix with a little water
- Add the remaining water and bring to the boil, stirring continuously
- Simmer for 5 mins before serving
To stuff meat or poultry, add 1 litre of boiling water to 340g of stuffing mix. Stir well and allow to stand for 15 mins before use
To serve separately, make up in the usual way and stand for a few minutes. Place in an ovenproof dish and bake for 15-20 mins at 220oc or gas mark 7.