Christmas Cake Kit
The recipe makes a 20cm round or 18cm square cake.
Your kit includes:
1kg mixed dried fruit including raisins, sultanas, dates, apricots, currants, mixed peel and glace cherries
250g soft light brown sugar
200g plain flour
2tsp mixed spice
100g chopped mixed nuts
Plus a handy recipe card with step-by-step instructions to create your cake.
All of your ingredients will be weighed out in the exact quantities you need and packed into paper bags, so no wasted packets in the back of the cupboard, plus our Christmas Cake Kit is completely plastic free.
Christmas Cake Method
A kit for a 20cm round or 18cm square cake.
Your kit includes:
- 1kg mixed dried fruit including raisins, sultanas, apricots, currants, mixed peel & glace cherries
- 250g soft light brown sugar
- 200g plain flour
- 2tsp mixed spice
- 100g chopped mixed nuts
You’ll also need to add:
- 250g unsalted butter or vegan block
- 150ml brandy, rum or cold tea
- zest and juice of 2 oranges
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- Empty the mixed dried fruit into a bowl and add the brandy, rum or cold tea. Soak for a minimum of 12hrs but don’t exceed 24hrs.
- Pre-heat the over to 140C/Fan 120C/Gas 1. Grease and line your cake tin with a double layer of baking parchment.
- Place the flour spice and sugar pack, butter, eggs, orange zest and juice, vanilla extract and mixed nuts, into a large bowl or food mixer and beat well.
- Carefully fold the soaked fruits into your cake batter until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into your cake tin and smooth the top with a spatula. Loosely cover the top with a double layer of baking parchment.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 4.5 hours or until the cake feels firm and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Leave the cake to cool in the tin and then wrap completely with a fresh double layer of baking parchment and then finally wrap the whole cake in tin foil. Store in a cool, dry place.